WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, June 17, 2013

TSSC Giggle Greetings - Sketch Challenge


Happy Monday! Welcome to another week of the Technostamper Sketch Challenge! Check out this week's sketch:


And here is my card...



I knew as soon as I saw the Giggle Greetings stamp set in the NEW 2013-14 catalog, I knew that I HAD to have it and that it would be one of my first new catalog purchases. The pictures are so cute and the sentiments are cute enough to make you...well, giggle! They remind me of the sentiments you would find on those


I chose to use the cat this time. I really wanted to use a little pop of DSP so I chose the Gingham Garden DSP. There is a great variety of flower and single-colored basic patterns!




I stamped the cat image in Jet Black Stazon. I colored with my markers - something I'm not always eager to do but it was really a time to just sit still and relax while coloring. I colored the cat's ears and nose with my new Blushing Bride Stampin' Write Marker. The cat was colored with the new Smoky Slate color, and then I colored his eyelids and some of the sketched/highlighted areas with Basic Gray.



I used Island Indigo as my base followed by a layer of Whisper White. I really wanted the cat (and his hairball) to be the star of this card so didn't do any extra embossing. I followed with a layer of Island Indigo and some 1" x 1.75" rectangles of DSP layered next to my cat image. 

I used the Adorning Accents edgelits with my scraps of Island Indigo trying to keep them between 0.5"-0.75" wide. By using the scraps I really didn't have to measure.  I just glued them on (over my imperfections) and then trimmed off the ends. By the way the new Magnetic Platform is AWESOME!!! I made this card as a swap for our Got Stamps Ink team meeting this last weekend. I can't wait to share the other cards with you

Thanks for visiting today! Be sure to check out the other talented designers and their terrific projects. We would love to see what you create with this sketch as well - just post your project on Mary Jo's blog listed below!
Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me

Supplies used for this project:
  • Stamps: Giggle Greetings
  • Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Blushing Bride, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate
  • Paper: Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper; Island Indigo and Whisper White card stock
  • Accessories: Adorning Accents Edgelits



(Click on any of the links below)



2 comments:

  1. Super cute card! I love the that the sketch is on it's side, very clever...I never think to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great on the side like that--perfect fit for that darling card. I love your paper choices too--thanks for a wonderful sample for my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete