WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, August 18, 2014

Festival of Trees ~ Sketch Challenge


Happy Monday! It's time for another Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! Here is my sample for this week:


Here is this week's sketch:


Are you inspired by this sketch? I love when I see a sketch and know immediately what I'm going to do! Of course there were some changes along the way but I knew this sketch was perfect for the Festival of Trees photopolymer stamp set (and coordinating punch!) which will be released at the end of this month in the 2014 Holiday Catalog.

Click on the image below to see all the trees. There are also some great stamps to "decorate" your tree! There are sooooo many possibilities with this set! I also used a pattern of paper from the new-to-be-released Trim The Tree Designer Series Paper Stack (how fitting, right?)

You are going to LOVE the new Holiday Catalog! Here are the details for this card:

  • Card base is Sahara Sand
  • Cut DSP to cover entire front panel of card
  • Stamp 2 trees with Garden Green (if you still have the old style pads like I do make sure your ink pad is well-inked!) Then color the tree trunks with your Early Espresso marker and punch out the trees with your new Tree Punch.
  • Stamp a tree with Garden Green and Early Espresso in the top-center of your 2-3/4" x 3-1/4" Whisper White card stock panel and mat with a 3" x 3-1/2" Garden Green card stock panel. Center the greeting under the center tree and stamp with Cherry Cobbler ink. Adhere the punched trees with Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • Use your Cherry Cobbler 3/4" Chevron Ribbon to make a bow around your card saving room for your tree images (or just wrap a strip of ribbon over the front of the card and place your tree image and tie your "faux bow" at the edge of the tree images)
I love the snowflakes in the background! I toyed with using just Cherry Cobbler ribbon which would be GORGEOUS, but I also loved the peppermint candy look of the Cherry Cobbler Chevron ribbon!


We would love to see what you can create using this sketch! Head over to Mary Jo's blog listed below and enter your project using the sketch. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful projects created by the design team this week!
Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me


Supply List

1 comment:

  1. I didn't think I would like that set--but the more I see with it the more I do like it. This is a great card, great pairing with those papers. Now I have to add another set to my wish list--thanks a lot! JK! Thanks so much for being on the TSSC team!

    ReplyDelete